Today I would like to ramble about reading. Rather, about NOT reading any damn book at the moment. I apologize in advance for the utter uselessness of this post.
With the exception of The Hunger Games, I have not read any of the books featured on my blog header image. WTF, right? Lies, all lies! Haha. Well, these books have been on my ‘to be read’ shelf for a while now. In case the titles aren’t really visible, these are what’s on that stack of
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Nine Parts of Desire: The Hidden World of Islamic Women by Geraldine Brooks
- The Kite of Stars and Other Stories by Dean Francis Alfar
- Faery Tales & Nightmares by Melissa Marr
- Dark Waters by Shannon Mayer
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- The First Book of Calamity Leek by Paula Lichtarowicz
Ender’s, Nine Parts, Dark Waters, and Calamity Leek were books I won in blog giveaways. Hunger Games was a gift to the hubby and I bought Kite of Stars and Faery Tales at less than a hundred bucks each at a book sale. All interesting books, I must say, and I’d like to mentally kick myself for not reading all but one of them. I have several other un-read printed books that I haven’t touched plus my iPad is chock-full of classics, well-known books and indie books just waiting for me. I need to dig myself out of this ridiculous ‘reading rut.’ Goodness. Any tips? GAH.
Oh, look at my pretty cleats. They’re designed for lacrosse actually but they work just fine for ultimate. These babies come with different-colored laces, but, of course, I choose pink. Because pink is nice. Hah.