A partial bucket list
Since we’re been talking about bucket lists all week, I thought I should start writing down my own. Many of the things are inspired by the book A Writer’s Bucket List and most of the things on my list are more like “what I want to accomplish this year” kind of stuff than “things I want to do before I die” kind of stuff, but what the heck. A list is a list and I think it’s always healthy to have a list of small goals or plans for any time and any where.
This is just a partial list, okay? :)
- Write short stories (I’m aiming for 10 for 2013. Eep.)
- Write personal essays (I’m aiming for 20 for 2013. Haha.)
- Complete the 30-day creative writing challenge (Was supposed to start this last year. Tsk)
- Complete the 1-month Words.ph challenge (I made this up. I’m challenging myself to grab an assignment from my Words.ph account at least once a day for a month and I’ll see how much I earn. Hah.)
- Keep a freelance journal
- Write a book (be it a nonfiction, how-to or a novella, whatever, write something)
- Submit stories to magazines and journals
- Have a story published in a magazine
- Enter a writing contest
- Work for a start-up
- Work for a non-profit
- Pitch a guest post to a blogger way bigger than me
- Publish a guest post to a blog way bigger than me
- Read Elements of Style by Strunk & White (because I have never ever)
- Read 100 books every year
- Vamp up Color It You and offer at least 5 blogger templates designed by me
- Complete the Insanity workout
- Exercise or do quick workouts every day after Insanity
THAT is not much of a list. I know, but it’s a start.
This list will be updated as I see fit. HAH.
What else do you think should be on my puny list? ;)