Mar 15
2013

Not So Typical Weekend at the Beach (a.k.a. The Weekend I Got Engaged)

So last weekend, I was at one of the most beautiful beaches in the world–Boracay. Played some kickass ultimate, hung out with awesome friends, and, you know, GOT ENGAGED to my Carpet Head. Woot. ;)

First, a quick backstory. Carpet Head and I met sometime in 2008 because of ultimate. One of my teammates invited him to play and he became part of the team (he became team captain later on, by the way). In 2009, my team joined the annual Boracay Open for the first time. Apparently, I looked fabulous in my bikini because I caught his eye. Hah. We started going out after that and eventually became a couple.

The Proposal happened during one of our games in this year’s Boracay Open. Carpet Head conspired with most of our teammates plus some of the guys from the other team. They switched the game disc for a “special” one. Carpet Head made a scoring pass to me. One of our teammates told me to flip the disc over. Guess what was written at the back? Next thing I knew, Carpet Head was on his knee and we were surrounded by friends and spectators. Of course, I had to say yes!

Photo c/o JP
Yayyyyyyyyy!! That is all. :)

Tags:, , , , ,

14 comments

1. Clare Henney says:

Omg! Been reading about you two on your blog for a while now. That’s such good news, congratulations! :)

2. Christine D. says:

AHHH. Omg. Omg. This is so freaking romantic! Congratulations!! That was such a creative scheme Carpet Head put together. Wish you the best, Leah. :D

3. Mary Qin says:

Hi! First and foremost, congrats on your engagement! So cute. :)

And secondly, I just wanted to say how oddly parallel our lives seem to be running (based on the little bit of info I’ve read so far from this post and your About page!)…
    -I also met my boyfriend in 2008
    -I also quit my job in 2012 to pursue my own path (and still struggling!)
    -I also will be getting engaged sometime this year (shhh don’t tell anyone)

Just sayin’

4. Mary Qin says:

Oh! And I totally write across various blogs as well, because I have way too much to express.

5. Jai says:

Congratulations, Lei!!! :)

6. Isa says:

Congratulations on the engagement! This so cute and romantic. :)

7. Dionelle says:

Congratulations, Leah!!! :)

8. Tisha says:

FaceTime fail! So sad I couldn’t make it. Congrats again!:)

9. eggy says: