“It’s the end of the world as we know it. It’s the end of the world as we know it. It’s the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine. ” – R.E.M.
Welcome to the End Of The World Giveaway! Woot. Yep, when the world ends, we party.
The Mayan Calendar Ends!
Does it mean the end of the World? Probably not but just in case…
Which books would you save if the world was coming to an end?
Now I really thought about this. What books would I save if the world was coming to an end? I don’t really know why I would bother since who knows who would be left alive to enjoy said books. Plus, most of my books are now on my iPad. I can save the iPad, but then who knows if there’d be electricity after the whole end-of-the-world event. ANYWAY, just for the sake of it all, I made a short list.
- The Holy Bible. I’m not religious, but I do believe in God. Plus, the bible is one of the greatest books ever. I’m kind of ashamed to admit that I haven’t read it from cover to cover. I really really should. It has great stories in it.
- My Name Is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok. This is one of the very first books that had a profound effect on me. It just feels romantic and nostalgic to save it should the world come to an end.
- The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien. Tolkien is a genius, there’s no argument about that and LOTR is a masterpiece that deserves to survive long after we do.
- Battle Royale by Koushun Takami. I just think this would be a cool book to have. Probably not so appropriate if the world was coming to an end, but it still is a cool book.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Sigh. We must save Mr. Darcy. Enough said.
So, which books would make it on your list?
Win $10 to buy a book of your choice!
Visit the other participating blogs and join more giveaways!